In summers, you need an air conditioner that can cool your room asap. There are many types of air conditioners available in the market but Portable ACs are easy to use and install and they provide efficient cooling with less humidity. Mostly traditional ACs or central ac are more expensive, cover more space, and consume more power. If you have limited space in your building, then you need a portable air conditioner.
A portable air conditioner provides mobile air conditioning and it can be moved from one room to another. It is also a portable ac that you can store away after the end of the season. These portable ACs have BTU feature that means British thermal units. BTU measures the amount of heat removal from a room per hour. A low BTU ac may not cool efficiently a large room while high BTU makes a small room too cool like a large refrigerator. If you are looking for something that can cool your space with less power consumption, then 8000 BTU portable air conditioner is the best option for you.
8000 BTU Air Conditioner Buying Guides
We have reviewed the top 5 best portable air conditioners on the basis of 5 key Metrics.
- Capacity in BTU: A small 6000-8000 BTU portable ac can cool a room of 100-300 sq.ft. While 10000 BTU is used to cool the space of 400 sq. ft. If you want to cool a large area then you need 14000 BTU portable AC unit.
- Energy efficiency ratio (EER): EER ratings depend on cost and it should be at least 8. the higher the ratings, the lower the energy consumption. A higher EER rating portable air conditioner can cut a cost up to $100. The most energy-efficient air conditioners save more money. An air conditioner with the EER rating above 10 can save 25-20 percent of energy monthly.
- Noise level: An air conditioner with a decibel level of 55 or less is considered as a quiet air conditioner. A noisy air conditioner irritates you and you cannot take a sound sleep. It should be 40 DBA in a silent place like the library and 60 dba in your car.
- Price: These portable air conditioners are available in the market at a different cost and the cost of an AC depends upon the BTU level and the EER rating. The range of portable ac starts from $200 to $1000.
- Space: it is advisable to check the size of the air conditioner for a small space. You should make sure that the size of AC doesn’t occupy a large area.
|SPECS/ Portable Air Conditioner||BLACK DECKER BPACT08WT||LG ELECTRONICS LP0814WNR||SPT WA-8070E||HONEYWELL MF08CESWW||WHYNTER ARC-08WB|
|Cooling Area||100-150 sq. ft.||150 sq. ft.||150-250sq.ft.||up to 300 sq. ft.||250 sq. ft.|
|Dimensions( WxDxH)||11.5 x 16.5 x 26 inches||11.8 x 13.9 x 29.75 inches||15 x 13.75 x 29.5 inches||14.17 x 19.49 x 24.41 inches||17 x 28 x 13.6
|Noise level||75 dBA||55 dBA||53.6 dBA||54 dBA||53.6 dBA|
|weight||26 pounds||47.6 pounds||51 pounds||52 pounds||64 pounds|
|Energy Efficiency Ratio (EER)||8.69||9.0||8.9||10.0||8.8|
BLACK DECKER BPACT08WT 8000 BTU Portable Air Conditioner
Black and decker is the topmost brand of America for decades and They have been constructing one of the best portable air conditioners with compact design and unique machinery. This model comes with a vertical ventilation system that delivers better airflow than other models.
This portable air conditioner can cool a room of 250 square feet and it comes with 3-speed fan controls. Its reusable air filter and a single hose design provide clean air and great comfort. 8000 BTUs of power is sufficient for cooling small common areas and bedrooms. It is a value for money product with the best quality.
- It comes with a programmable configuration with customized settings.
- It is a quiet portable air conditioner that generates less noise. \
- It includes installation kit like hose inlet or outlet adapters, air exhaust host, water drain hose, window casement.
- Its vertical motion provides constant and powerful airflow with consistent temperature in the room.
- Its ventilation is easy to clean.
LG ELECTRONICS LP0814WNR Portable Air Conditioner
If you have a small room then this economical air conditioner is the best choice for you. It provides a low cooling capacity that makes it ideal for small spaces. It can cool a room around 200 square feet by the 4-way air deflection system that can cool the air in all directions. This portable ac comes with several features that keep the room’s air fresh and cool with less moisture. This ergonomic air conditioner produces 2 pints per hour for the dehumidification and this dehumidification capacity is ideal for high humidity areas.
This compact and small design portable air conditioner is easy to store after use. it offers a user-friendly interface with simple settings. A smart auto evaporation system requires less maintenance so that the system can run without water leakage for a long period of time. This portable unit is as efficient to cool a room as a window AC would normally do.
- It is portable yet efficient.
- It comes with an auto-restart system.
- It offers 2-speed fan control and dehumidifier system.
- It comes with a User-friendly interface with Led display.
- It has a smart auto evaporation system that requires less maintenance.
- You can easily install this ac within an hour without anyone’s help.
- The two cooling speed options help you to achieve the proper pace of cooling your room.
- It’s auto swing louvers can discharge the air effectively.
- Its caster wheel can easily roll the unit from one place to another.
SPT WA-8070E Portable Air Conditioner
Supentown manufactures reliable, powerful, and versatile products. Its WA-807E model comes with many features that make you comfortable to use and its automatic temperature setting maintains the temperature of the room and saves energy. An 8000 BTU cooling capacity generates steady and cool temperatures and It can cool an area of 250 sq. ft. efficiently, even in the hot season. This 51-pound air conditioner is easy to set up and portable to store anywhere when not needed.
- It is a portable air conditioner that can be easily relocated anywhere.
- It provides you an extended water tube for drainage.
- It includes a programmable timer.
- It operates quietly with 54 decibels sound.
- It comes with fire-resistant plastic housing for safety purposes.
- It comes with two fan speeds, a dehumidifier function, and a washable air filter.
HONEYWELL MF08CESWW Portable Air Conditioner
The Honeywell MF08CESWW is a 3 in 1 air conditioner that is perfect for cooling 300 sq. Ft. Room. it’s an environmentally portable air conditioner that has three main features: the fan functions, the great cooling, and dehumidifying. This 52-pound air conditioner comes with both cooling and dehumidifying functions. Its built-in dehumidifier feature can control excess moisture of the room by drawing 60.8 pints of moisture per day.
Its user-friendly interface enables you to improve the environment of your room without hassle. This 8000 BTU portable air conditioner is perfect for small rooms and offices.
- It cools a room quickly and absorbs a large amount of humidity in less time.
- Its auto-evaporation system and easy access filter design reduces the amount of maintenance and prevents the water leakage.
- You can easily install this air conditioner within just 20 minutes and it comes with a window venting kit with a flexible exhaust hose.
- It comes with a timer and a washable filter.
- You can easily relocate this ac with the help of caster wheels.
WHYNTER ARC-08WB ECO-FRIENDLY Portable Air Conditioner
Whynter is an eco-friendly portable air conditioner that can cool any area without permanent installation. It is a CFC free, lead-free, and high energy efficient portable air conditioner which consumes less energy. You can easily set up this ac in any indoor location due to lightweight and extreme mobility. It also has many features like a digital thermostat, full-function remote control, and 2-way directional air louvers. It has four modes: fan, cool, auto, and dry and Its dry mode dehumidifies the room.
This 8000 BTU portable air conditioner is ideal for small spaces like bedrooms, living rooms, computer rooms, classrooms, office stalls, and personal spaces. It comes with a washable pre-filter that removes dust particles, pet hair ad dander. an activated carbon filter is used to neutralize smoke and other odors. This efficient and compact portable air conditioner can cool down area 0f 250 sq. ft. It is an eco-friendly refrigerant which operates in R410
- This portable air conditioner cleans the air by its washable pre-filter.
- Its activated carbon filter is used to fresh the air.
- This eco-friendly air conditioner does not pollute our environment
- This 8000 BTU is suitable for large rooms around 200 to 300 sq.ft. And this includes bedrooms, apartment, offices, living rooms and basements
If you are choosing 8000 BTU portable air conditioner then consider these three matrices: raw performance, performance over time, and effective lifespan. Black and Decker provide the best quality portable air conditioner that is ideal for small areas while LG Electronics Portable Air Conditioners are light and compact. LG Electronics LP0814WNR is the bestselling unit and cools your room quickly. The SPT WA-8070E 8,000 BTU portable air conditioner cool room powerfully and it is easy to install. The Whynter model generates less noise than others. Overall, Honeywell is the best brand that is not only made the best quality product but is also reliable and affordable.
Q: How Good is an 8000-BTU Air Conditioner?
A: An 8000-BTU air conditioner works well in 100-350 square feet. hence if you use it for a larger space, it might not cool the room quickly. Moreover, a large BTU can have its drawbacks.
Q: How Much Does an 8000-BTU Air Conditioner Cost?
A: The cost of an 8000-BTU air conditioner is from $250 to $1000.
Q: Is 8000 BTUs Enough for a Bedroom?
A: An 8000 BTU air conditioner can cool an area of 300-350 sq. Ft. If your bedroom is larger than this then it might not cool your room quickly or well.
Q: How Many Amps Does an 8000 BTU Air Conditioner consume?
A: An 8000 BTU conditioner draws 10 Amps.
Q: How long do portable air conditioners last?
A: They last for about 10 years.
Q: Why are portable air conditioners bad?
A: They are noisy compare to other ACs and do not cool up in a very large area.
Q: Can you use a portable air conditioner in a room with no windows?
A: Yes. You can, but the hot air from the back unit needs to be vented out.