Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) cases are increasing rapidly all over the world so you have to be very careful to prevent this disease. This virus comes in the environment by the mucus or droplets of an affected person and it can easily get into your body through your mouth, eyes, and nose. There is no vaccine available in the whole world till now to kill this virus so you can only protect yourself with a few simple tactics.
- Avoid handshakes
- Sneeze or cough into your elbow
- Wash your hands
- Don’t touch your face
- Keep a safe distance from others
- Stay home if you feel sick
During the global pandemic, washing your hands is the cheapest and easiest way to prevent the spread of the virus. Mostly, this virus spread through your hands so You have to wash your hands frequently with soap and water.
These are the Tips to wash your hands properly
- Wet your hands with running water
- Apply enough soap to cover wet hands
- Scrub all surfaces of your hands for at least 20 seconds like the back of hands, between fingers and under nails.
- Rinse thoroughly with running water.
- Dry hands with a clean cloth
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
How long should I wash my hands?
You should wash your hands for 20-30 seconds with soap and water and the same for alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
When should I wash my hands?
- After using the toilet and changing the nappy.
- Before and after handling any raw foods like meat, fruits, and vegetables.
- Before and after eating food.
- After blowing your nose, sneezing or coughing.
- After touching animals and pets.
- Before and after treating a cut or wound.
If possible, you should wash or sanitize your hand after every 30 minutes.
Do I need to use warm water to wash my hands?
No, it’s not necessary. cold water and warm water both are equally effective with soap.
Which is better? washing your hands or using hand sanitizer?
Both ways are effective but hand sanitizer is a more convenient way when you are outside from home.
What if I don’t have soap?
If you don’t have soap then chlorinated water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer is the best second option for you.
Touching the wet faucet can ruin everything?
Yes, you should use a tissue or paper towel to turn it off once your hands are clean.
Do I have to dry my hands all the way?
Yes, you have to dry your hands thoroughly because germs love moisture
What kind of soap should I use?
Liquid soap is best. The bar soap is also fine.
What about lotion for dry hands?
Yes, you can use your product.
Can I still paint my nails?
Yes, but you should keep your nails short and your manicure fresh.
Is hand-washing that important?
Yes, your hands carry almost all your germs to your respiratory tract so you should keep your hands as clean as possible.
Do I have to use paper towels?
No. cloth towels are fine for personal use but they should be washed every two days and dry it in proper sunlight after use.