In summers the swimming pool is a fun place for everyone but it is very important to clean the pool because pool cleaning is not an easy task. Robotic pool cleaners are the best pool cleaners because it takes less time to clean the pool. When we come to the brand, Dolphin is the best brand for pool cleaners.
In this article, we are going to compare the two best dolphin models of pool cleaners that will help you to choose the best one.
Dolphin sigma and Dolphin Premier are the two best robot pool cleaners in the market. But dolphin sigma has more advanced features than dolphin premier. Although sigma is the latest model with upgraded features, yet premier performs well. premier has multiple filter options for more cleaning. However, the sigma model comes with only one filtration system. Sigma doesn’t clean the pool thoroughly; it misses more dirt spots than a dolphin cleaner. Overall, both the pool cleaners are good but dolphin premier performs better than sigma. Dolphin sigma is more costly than the premier model.
|ROBOTIC POOL CLEANER||DOLPHIN SIGMA||DOLPHIN PREMIER|
|Filtration System||Fine & Ultra Fine||Multi-Media, Oversized Leaf Bag, Fine, Ultra-Fine Cartridge|
|Pool Type||Gunite/Plaster, Vinyl, Fiberglass||Gunite/Plaster, Vinyl, Fiberglass|
|Suction Rating||4500 GPH||4500 GPH|
|Pool Size||Up to 50 ft||Up to 50 ft|
|Weekly Start Timer||YES||YES|
|Numbers of Motors||Three||Two|
|Remote Control||Smartphone App||Remote Ready|
|Warranty||3 year||3 year|
- SIZE AND CAPACITY: The size of the dolphin premier is 36 lbs. It is heavier than the sigma model that makes it difficult to take from the pool. Both robotic pool cleaners can clean a 50-foot pool in 2.5 hours.
- BRUSHES: Both the models come with a dual scrubbing brush system and they have 2 brushes at the front and 2 at the back to reach corners and angles. It can clean all types of surfaces. However, sigma comes with an additional central scrubbing brush for extra cleaning. These brushes are used to clean the algae and biofilm from all pool surfaces.
- FILTERS: Premier has four types of filters. One is micro that covers tiny particles of dust and algae. The second is standard to cover the large particles. The third is a big debris bag to collect leaves and twigs. Finally, they provide disposable debris bags so you don’t need to clean the bags. However, sigma has two large-size top-loading filtration cartridges that maintain the higher flow rates and suction through the cleaning cycle. Sigma filters capture fine and ultra-fine debris while a premier filtration system can have fine cartridges, ultra-fine cartridges, multimedia, and oversized fine filters.
- MOTORS: Premier comes with a dual 24-volt DC motor with scrubbing brushes that clean the surface thoroughly. It consumes 90 % less energy than old models. However, sigma comes with three 24-volt DC motor that delivers the highest flow rate by increasing the suction and gripping power.
- ANTI-TANGLING SWIVEL CABLE: Premier and sigma, both the models have this feature. Its 60-foot anti-tangle swivel cord allows the robot to move freely in the pool without tiding up in knots. It can turn in 360 degrees while operating so that it can reach all the corners and small areas easily.
- SOFTWARE: Both the models come with SmartNav software that scans the whole area then makes a plan to clean the pool with high efficiency and it will not waste the time and energy to wandering around all over the pool. You can also schedule the cleaning process weekly or monthly through this software. However, Sigma comes with an additional feature “gyroscope mobility system” that focuses on the orientation as well as tilt and it monitors the angular velocity of the unit.
- BLUETOOTH: Sigma model can also operate this software via Bluetooth through your smartphone after downloading the MyDolphin app, and your phone can work as a remote control. However, the premier model doesn’t have Bluetooth so you need an external remote control to operate the unit.
- HARDWARE: Both the dolphin models have rubber tracks for climbing up walls and steps. While the sigma rubber track can move independently that makes the unit move more efficient over steps and random shapes
- ENERGY EFFICIENCY: sigma has extra motors, still it runs at the same 180 wattage as the premier model which makes it more efficient while operating it.
- WARRANTY: sigma and premier both the dolphin models come with 3- year warranty period.
DOLPHIN SIGMA PROS & CONS
DOLPHIN PREMIER PROS & CONS
Dolphin Sigma is an upgraded version of the dolphin premier. Sigma comes with additional features like a gyroscope and three motors that increase suction and gripping power and it makes it able to clean stairs, corners, and angles. The premier comes with LED alert light that tells you the debris bag is full. Sigma comes with two filter options for small and large particles while premier has multiple filter options for more efficient cleaning.
[ Watch The Video Till The End ]
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Q: Which dolphin pool cleaner is the best?
• Dolphin Premier Robotic Pool Cleaner.
• Dolphin Nautilus Automatic Robotic Pool Cleaner.
• Dolphin Oasis Robotic Pool Cleaner.
• DOLPHIN Nautilus CC Supreme Robotic Pool Cleaner.
Q: How do you change the clean mode in Dolphin Sigma?
A: Setting the Automatic Mode
1. Firstly press the Manual/Automatic Selection button.
2. It will show two icons on the digital screen.
3. Then choose the right arrow for regular cleaning and the left for the fast cleaning cycle.
4. Then press the set/ok button.
Q: How does dolphin pool cleaner work?
A: You have to put the robotic pool cleaner in the pool and turn it on. It will scan the whole area and set a program to clean the pool efficiently. All the debris and dirt will collect on the vacuum bag.
Q: How long do dolphin pool cleaners last?
A: It lasts five to seven years and the dolphin pool cleaners are long-lasting.
Q: Can you swim with a dolphin pool cleaner?
A: Dolphin pool cleaners are safe but we do not recommend using them while the cleaning process.
Q: Why does my dolphin pool cleaner stop working?
A: Sometimes debris and dust particles block the filters so you should clean the filters regularly then restart the cleaner. You can also press and hold the reset button until it turns off. They also provide better customer service so you can call maytronics customer service.
Q: Are robotic pool cleaners worth the money?
A: Robotic pool cleaners are the best among all pool cleaners but they are expensive. It cleans both large and small debris and its cleaner collects the debris into the filter bag through the pump.
Q: Do robotic pool cleaners pick up algae?
A: Yes. A robotic pool cleaner removes every type of debris from the pool. It can remove large leaves and algae both.
Q: Do robotic pool cleaners need a pump?
A: Robotic pool cleaners come with their own pump and filter and these filters increase the water circulation with the help of a pump.
Q: How often should I run my dolphin pool cleaner?
A: If you use dolphin pool cleaner frequently then you should clean it daily or alternate day. But if you use it weekly then you can clean it once a month.
Q: Is a dolphin pool cleaner worth it?
A: Dolphin pool cleaners come with advanced features that can clean the in-ground pool up to 50 feet in 3 hours. So these dolphin pool cleaners are worthy for the long run.