The rowing machine gives you a better way to increase stamina by burning calories and building muscle in a safe and low impact way. Nowadays, many types of rowing machine available in the market with different advanced features, but choosing the best rowing machine is a tough task. Here we picked two top-rated rowing machines and we will compare the characteristics of these two machines and will tell you which one is better.
These are the factors to choose the best rowing machine
- Resistance should be high
- Rowing experience should be better
- Cord quality should be good
- Adjustability and comfortability for users
- Helpful monitor for workout records
- Easy storage in your house
- long time Warranty period
STAMINA DT PRO Rower VS CONCEPT2 Model D
Stamina DT Pro rowing machine
It is the most demanding indoor rowing machine which brings the power and durability to the commercial rowers in your home gym. This stamina machine increases cardiovascular stamina and burns the calories with its natural rowing stroke. It is on the top list of rower due to its strong dual resistance that is air and magnetic. Using dual resistance technology, even the most experienced athlete shows their maximum potential. Its strong resistance and multi-function monitor makes it best for all age groups and fitness levels. It can track your heart rate, distance rowed, workout time, calories burned, strokes per minute, stroke count, and power produced. This stamina DT pro gives you full-body workouts.
Dual resistance technology
- Air resistance is generated by pulling the handles and spinning the flywheel. This resistance depends upon the handle pulling. The faster you pull the row, the higher the resistance creates. This machine provides high-end resistance.
- Magnetic resistance is generated by setting the tension level. It does not depend upon pulling the row. It always creates the same resistance whether you pull the handle fast or low. So this is called low-end resistance.
- Dual resistance technology with magnetic and air
- Free heart rate monitor
- High strength rowing strap for smooth and quiet pull
- Multifunction programmable monitor
- 12 preset workout programs
- 8 levels of adjustable resistance
- Low noise level
- Easy fold storage
- No pc functionality on the monitor
- Long assembly time
CONCEPT 2 model D rowing machine
This rowing machine provides a low impact workout that strengthens your core muscles. This machine is sturdy, centered, and even. It is equipped with advance pm5 console which can track several workout metrics at a time. It has many builtin games that can quickly transfer and upload the workout data anywhere. You can track your progress with real-time, reliable data. It is designed to fit most users of different heights and weights. Its adjustable footrests and ergonomic handle give you comfortability to pulling the row. You can separate it easily into two pieces for storage and easily assembled in less than an hour. It is perfect for all type users from beginners to professional athletes. Overall the concept 2 model d complete your all goals and fits in your budget, offering a low impact exercise of any age. It is one of the best rowers on the market because of its sturdy design and effective quality. It’s a value for money product.
- Reliable adjustments
- Heavy-duty frame
- High capacity
- Air resistance for a dynamic response
- Folding design with a contoured seat
- Damper with 10 levels
- Durable chain drive
- Pm5 console with multiple workout metrics
- Five games on the console
- Easily assembled and less maintenance required
- A USB port and online workout data tracking
- HR transmitter is not included
Features of Stamina DT Pro vs concept 2 model d
These are the factors which differentiate following rowing machines
1 Resistance type
- stamina DT pro provides air and magnetic resistance. Combination of this two resistance makes it great for users. Due to its dual technology resistance stamina, DT pro is called most sophisticated rower ever. The air and magnetic resistance provide a smooth, quiet, and dynamic rowing stroke that gives you surprising results. This rower uses air resistance at lower levels and adds magnetic resistance as you go higher.
- concept 2d model provides only air resistance, but it creates a dynamic response during rowing. The generated resistance is directly related to your pulling strength. That means the faster you pull, the more resistance the machine will produce. The resistance system equipped with a damper that controls the airflow and the value of damper is from 1 to 10. A higher damper setting gives you Olympic level workout. The air-only rowing machines create more noise than dual resistance models because it spins the flywheel fast for creating strong resistance. It creates more sound due to its fast-spinning flywheel. Stamina DT pro takes on average 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2 Monitor / console
- stamina DT pro offers a programmable, backlit LCD monitor. This monitor has many functions like time, stroke count, distance, calories, watts, pulse, and stroke minutes. It comes with a fully functional heart rate monitor to track pulse and calculate complete workout data. Using this monitor, you can also set preset workout programs. This monitor comes with 12 preprogrammed workout routines that guide and motivates you.
- The concept 2 model D offers a pm5 console. It has an LCD that shows many values like strokes per minute, total distance rowed, heart rate. Pm5 provides a few more features than the average basic unit. This machine has several inbuilt games like a fish game, a darts game, target training, and biathlon. It can also save your workout data in its memory and USB flash drive. You can select the best viewing angle by using an adjustable angle mount attached to the pm5 unit.
3 Build quality
- Stamina DT pro parts are built with aluminum and stainless steel. It offers a padded foam seat with durable footplates to slide their feet. The rowing strokes move smooth and don’t create any noise. Overall it has an excellent build quality.
- Concept 2 model d is also made of aluminum and steel. Its front section is made of steel, and the rail is made of durable aluminum, which is quite useful for a rowing machine. Its long rail is comfortable for tall users. A reasonably large frame rower is durable and foldable when not in use.
- Stamina DT Pro offers you a padded foam seat and soft handle that makes you feel comfortable to exercise for a long time. The footplates give you natural feel to pull the row, but Velcro straps could be stronger. The seat height from the floor is enough to sit and stand easily, even for an older person. It is slightly uncomfortable for some heavier person. Overall you are satisfied with this machine.
- Concept2 model d offers a high-density foam seat, and its surface is contoured and nonslip during exercise that provides optimal comfort for all type users. The height of the rowing machine seat off the floor is sufficient for all type users. Entry and exit are not tricky, even for disabled users. Pulling handles are slightly covered towards the users to minimize the impact on the wrists during rowing, and the rubberized grips are comfortable. Footrests are also adjustable. It delivers an extraordinarily smooth back and forth motion of the seat. Overall it makes you feel comfortable.
- Stamina DT Pro has an easily foldable design. You can easily fold footprints and quickly move to the corner of the room.
- Concept2 model d seats can be folded vertically, and you can separate it into two pieces for storage. It can rolls smoothly on caster wheels. You can easily roam it anywhere in your house.
- Smaller women and children can use stamina DT pro without any issue. It can carry up to 300lbs weight that is good enough but slightly lower than other models. If your height is 6’5” then you can use this machine without any issue, but if you are a taller person, then it will not fit for you.
- Concept 2d model fits for all users whether they are tall or heavy. Its weight capacity is 500lbs that is also applicable for more massive people and gives you better ability than stamina DT pro.
Stamina DT Pro
Watch The Video Till The End
- Assembled dimensions-89.8″ x 20.0″ x 40.5″
- Assembled weight-87 lbs
- Shipping weight-100 lbs
Concept 2 model d
Watch The Video Till The End
- Assembled dimensions 25 in x 33 in x 54 in (63.5 cm x 83.8 cm x 137.2 cm)
- Assembled weight-57 lb (26 kg)
- Shipping weight-70 lb (32 kg)
Stamina DT Pro provides dual resistance technology, while concept 2 model d is one of the best air resistance rowing machine. Stamina DT Pro comes with a great monitor, but the concept 2 model offers LCD to store and share your workout data online. Concept 2 model d provides a high load capacity, an optimal comfort seat, and adjustable footrests. When comparing all the functions of stamina pro and concept2 model d, you will see the concept 2 model is overall better rowing machine at same cost. concept 2 is the bestselling rowing machine in the world for over forty years. Overall concept 2 model D offers excellent quality with outstanding value.